Haryana the word only suggest that there will be greenery everywhere in the state. It is a very ancient state and also the 16th largest state of India. Haryana has so much to offer. As, it mainly focuses on agriculture but now it is also increasing in industrialization. Here are some beautiful tourist places in Haryana:
Ambiance mall, Asia’s largest mall, is in Gurugram. Luxurious mall, full of entertainment with friends and family, every brand is available, So it is full of amusement for all age groups. If you want to enjoy snow in summers, so it is the perfect tourist places in Haryana, for ice skating. Cyber City is a type of hub in which almost IT companies and MNC’s are opened. There you can get the best restaurants and food courts. Sultanpur National Bird Century is a perfect place for spending a weekend. There you will get to see the migratory birds with approx. 250 species, as some will be national and some international. Leisure Valley Park is a beautiful park to see. Small rose garden, fountain, café and many other things to enjoy. There are some other places to visit in Gurugram like:
- Kingdom Of Dreams
- Wet ‘n’ Wild
- Sheesh Mahal
- Aapno Ghar Amusement Park
- Damdama Lake
- Stellar Children Museum
- CRPF Shooting Range
- Shikhar Adventure Park
- Farrukh Nagar Fort
So, visit all these places to get the full enjoyment.
Kurukshetra is a place where Lord Krishna preached Bhagavat Gita to Arjun at the time of Mahabharta. It is a very ancient tourist places of Haryana. The name of this place was kept after the king name as KURU. Places that you can visit in Kurukshetra are:
- Brahma Sarovar: It is an incredible place to visit. As, it is a type of tank and also a holy place for Hindus. It is believed that people take bath in this tank to remove their sins and to take salvation and peace.
- Sannihit Sarover: It is measured up to 550ft. width and height of around 1,500ft. Seven tributaries meet in this single sarover and it is a home of Lord Vshnu.
- Krishna Museum: In in museum there are various statues of Lord Krishna, in different positions and in different forms. You will also get to see the tableaux which is made from paper Mache and clay which is based on Bhagavata and Mahabharata.
- Sthaneshwar Mahadev Temple: This temple is mainly dedicated to Lord Shiva. As, it is believed that the Pandavas have taken the blessings of Lord Shiva in this temple.
- Bhadrakali Temple: It is a very famous temple of goddess Kali. As, it is believed that Pandavas perform the prayers and rituals before their battles.
So, other spots to visit are:
- Birla Mandir
- Kurukshetra Panorama & Science Centre
- Dharohar Haryana Museum
- Sheikh Chehlli Tomb
Panipat is a very well-known destination of “Haryana tourism”. This place was very famous from the ancient time of Mahabharata. This city was founded by the Pandavas. So, accordingly to the history of the city there were some battles also fought. Famous pilgrims of the city are:
- Panipat Museum: In the memory of battles that were held in Panipat, this museum was set up by state government and also the very famous ‘Haryana destinations’. Some special antiques, sculptures, art and craft, pottery, old and valuable documents and many other historical things are kept in this museum.
- Grave of Ibrahim Lodhi: Ibrahim Lodhi was the sultan of Delhi who was killed in the First Battle of Panipat. In the remembrance of him this grave was made.
- Kala Amb: This is a historic place where the third battle of Panipat was fought in 1761. This battle was between the Maratha Empire and the Afghan invader Ahmad Shah Abdali.
- Devi Temple: This temple was on the large tank, which is dedicated a local deity. Beside this temple, there was a Shiva temple which had been built by a Maratha named as Mangal Raghunath. Other places to visit in the city are:
- Kabuli Bagh
- Tomb of Bu Ali Shah Qalandar
- Shri Ram Sharanam
- Old Fort
In this city there are some archeological evidences found which prove that the land was inhabited from the long ancient period. Ambala is very famous for its army cantonment and air force base. If you want to explore the shopping of clothes, then it is the best tourist places of Haryana, for that. Some of the famous spots to visit in Ambala city are:
- Rani Ka Talab: This is a pond which is 400 years old, as it is surrounded by Kailash Mandir and Indra Park for travelers to walk around it.
- Sisgang Gurudwara: This shrine is also known as Baoli sahib or Badshahi Bagh. Individuals go to this shrine on daily basis in order to give tribute to the tenth guru. It is a very beautiful shrine and you can also bath in holy tank.
- Jain Mandir: This shrine was established 150 years ago. It was founded by Vijay Inder Jain Charitable trust. It is beautiful temple in the whole Ambala city.
- Hanuman Mandir: This shrine is a perfect tourist places in Haryana, to spend your weekend, you will get hotels to stay at a very reasonable price and also restaurants nearby.
- Holy Redeemer Church: This church was made at the time of British rule when troops were posted from Karnal to Ambala. It is situated on the Lawrence road, Ambala.
- Anandpur Sahib
- Kharga golf Club
Karnal has a great role in ancient times and at the time of Mahabharata. It has many educational hubs like the National Dairy research institute, Directorate of wheat research, Central Soil Salinity Research Institute, and many other institutes also. Basmati rice of premium quality have been producing in Karnal, through which it is known as ‘Rice Bowl of India’. It is an important tourist places in Haryana. Here is the list of places to visit in Karnal are:
- Karnal Lake: It is believed that the main character of Mahabharata i.e. Karan, used to take the bath in this lake. You can go for boating in the lake, by enjoying the chirping of birds.
- Cantonment Church Tower: This tower has been certified Indian National Trust for Art and Culture Heritage, as it is the historic monument of the country.
- Pukka Pul: This is a holy place and the sacred monument of Muslims, which is also known as Sayad’s Shrine. On every Thursday it is a much crowed place, and also lighted with the lamps.
- Karnal Fort: This fort was used as used as a Jail, at the time of British. Now locally this fort is known as old fort.
- Miran Sahib’s Tomb
- Kalander Shah’s Tomb
Panchkula is a beautiful city to visit. It is around 10 km from Chandigarh, which is a capital of Haryana. It is famous tourist places in Haryana, especially for its greenery and for the ancient five rivers. There are so many clubs to enjoy with friends and family. Some places you should definitely visit in Panchkula are:
- Cactus Garden: It is the largest outdoor cactus garden in Asia, which is founded by Dr. J Sarkikariya. There are around 2500 species in the whole garden. The beautiful cactus fair is organized in the month of March, which should be visited by everyone.
- Pinjore: It is one of the historical tourist places in Haryana and is very beautiful to see, which mainly attracts the many visitors. Jal Mahal or the place of water, Rang Mahal or the place of colors, Shesh Mahal or the palace of mirrors are some places which everybody should visit in their life.
- Chattbir Zoo: It is one of the largest zoo of North India. It has around 150 types of animals and reptiles. You can also go for lion Safari in the zoo.
- Mansa Devi Temple
- Gurudwara Nada Sahib
- Mohali Stadium
- Raipur Rani
Sonipat have lot of historical places to visit. This city was founded the five Pandava brothers at the time of Mahabharta. Sonipat is located 25km away from Delhi. Places to visit in Sonipat are:
- Chokhi Dhani: It is a traditional Rajasthani place. It is a type of theme park which is truly on Rajasthani culture and heritage. So if you want to experience the culture of Rajasthan, then it is the perfect tourist places in Haryana, for that.
- Murthal: If you are foody then you are at the right place. Here you will get so many Dhabas, where you can take your favorite parantha, enjoying it with curd and pickle. One of the famous Dhaba is Amrik Sukhdev.
- Tomb of Khwaja Khizr
- Mosque of Abdullah Nazir
- Dargah Mamu Bhanja
- Jurasik Park Inn
- Methodist Mission Church